Bylaws and Regulations:
Application requirements for foreign grants and scholarships for students from outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
- The applicant's country of residence is from outside Saudi Arabia, or in other words this applicant does NOT have an iqama.
- The student's high school diploma is from a high school outside of Saudi Arabia.
- Applicants for foreign grants and scholarships will follow the same requirements that are applicable to Saudi students who attend universities in the Kingdom.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years.
- The applicant should not be granted any scholarship from any other educational institution in Saudi Arabia.
- All documents, certificates and identity papers should be verified and stamped by the Saudi Embassy or cultural attaché in the student's country.
- The applicant should not have previously been dismissed from any educational institution in the Kingdom.
- Female applicants should have a male guardian in accordance with Saudi bylaws and regulations. The guardian must have a scholarship, a valid Iqama or an application to work for a specific employer.
- The applicant should pass all medical exams that are required by the University.
- The University may require recommendations from one of the concerned bodies, institutions or private or government authorities in the applicant's country.
Submission of grant applications:
All applicants from outside the Kingdom should apply for grants or scholarships through the University website during the date and time specified in the academic calendar using the link shown at the bottom of this page.
The end of the scholarship:
Students on scholarships must leave the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after completing their requirements at the end of the study, within a period not exceeding three months from the date of completion. If the period required to complete the program expires before the degree has been completed, the student may extend his/her stay for no more than half of the program's duration.
- All bylaws and regulations apply to individuals who are scholarship grantees and who are not Saudi-residence holders.
- The University will be the student's sponsor during his/her stay in the Kingdom .
- Students cannot transfer from the University of Dammam to any other institution or university. The University has the right to exempt some students at any time, when it is necessary to do so.
- Students are not allowed to work for any companies, institutions or individuals during the duration of their study .
- All University bylaws and regulations are applied to students who have been awarded scholarships.
- Applicants can apply for any program except the medical programs, which are open only to Saudi students.
Documents required for submission of grant applications:
The applicants should submit their high school certificate and all other documents to the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the cultural attaché located in the student's home country for verification. The following documents should be scanned in PDF format and be uploaded to the University's online application form:
- A copy of their high school certificate stamped by the Saudi Embassy or cultural attaché located in the student's country.
- A copy of their valid passport, along with the page or pages stamped by the Saudi Embassy or cultural attaché in the country of the student.
- Any recommendations from one of the concerned bodies, institutions, private or government authorities in the applicant's country.