Sponsored by Dr. Amirah Ahmed Al-Jafary, Dean of the College of Arts and Dr. Nawal Al Mutari, Head of the Library and Information Science Department and supervised by the head of the Faculty Member Unit the Library and Information Science Department held its First Scientific Symposium on January 1, 2016 which was titled "The Future of the College of Arts' Academic Programs According to the Kingdom's 2030 Vision".
The program included:
- Session management
- A speech from the Faculty Members' Committee head.
- Discussion: Is the Library and Information Science Department competent enough to achieve the 2030 Vision?
- The use of social network applications in E-Learning.
- Usage of social network applications to enrich and support the College's Academic Programs.
- The role of modern technologies in supporting and developing the Academic Programs from the point of view of students.