University of Dammam (UOD) regards the use of humans and animals in research, and teaching to be an integral component of continued progress in education and science. The university expects all researchers to maintain the highest standards of ethics and professionalism when conducting research on living creatures and to be operated in accordance with applicable Shari’a provisions, Kingdom’s Law and UOD regulations and guidelines.
University of Dammam Standing Committee for Research Ethics on Living Creatures (SCRELC) shall ensure the welfare, well-being and humane care and use of all Living Creatures used in research, and that research conducted at its premises is ethical, scientifically justified, and performed in accordance with Shari’a and the Kingdom’s Law and regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Project management
- Clinical trials
- Medical and related biological sciences
- Sociological , humanities and behavioral sciences
- Service delivery research
- Health economics/sustainability research
- Maternal and infant health
- Epidemiology, data management and biostatistics analysis.